Ms. Universe PH Ariella Arida
Last Monday, I had the pleasure of doing Ms. Universe – Philippines Ariella Arida’s makeup for a fashion editorial with Rappler. I was really very excited to do this; it’s been a while since I’ve done a fashion shoot because I’m now mostly focusing on bridal clients and teaching makeup. This was definitely a breather for me.
I usually just post photos here without explaining the makeup process, but since one of the reasons why I’m doing the blog challenge is to share what I know, I’ll let you in the whole step by step makeup process and the products I used.
1. She came in full makeup because she had a prior engagement, so I removed it with Alcone Makeup Remover Wipes. I wanted to start with a clean canvas, but I left the black eyeliner and mascara she had on. I put a bead of Embryolisse moisturiser.
2. Base: I first concealed her under eyes with Makeup Designory Blue Corrector 3. I then put Makeup Designory Cream Foundation YG3 mixed with Makeup Designory Primer. The shade was spot on for her olive skin. I set it with Ben Nye Banana Powder mixed with Kryolan Translucent Powder in TL5.
3. Eyebrows: I filled it in with Makeup Forever Aqua Brow in 25 and set it with MAC Browset in Beguile.
4. Eyeshadow: Highlight: pale yellow Inglot matte eyeshadow (I forgot the shade, they’re in my Z palette!). Midtone: Makeup Designory Brownstone. Contour: Urban Decay eyeshadow in Creep.
5. Eyeliner: Black Maybelline Gel Eyeliner on upper lash line, and Black Maybelline Eyeliner Pencil on lower lash line. I put a secondary soft eyeliner on the lower lashline with Urban Decay eyeshadow in Creep.
6. Eyelashes: I curled her lashes with Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler then glued thick synthetic false eyelashes from Divisoria with black Duo Eyelash Glue. I then put Maybelline Volum’ Express The Falsies Mascara on her real lashes so it’ll stick to the false ones.
7. Highlight and Shadow: I contoured the hollow of her cheekbones, temples, sides of the nose, and jawline using Kryolan matte eyeshadow in TV Brown. I highlighted her nose bridge, forehead, under eyes, top of cheekbones, and chin with pale yellow matte Inglot eyeshadow.
8. Cheek color: I mixed Makeup Designory Rose Beige with Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. I topped it off with a hint of Kryolan Bronzer so it wouldn’t be too matte.
9. Lip color: Kryolan lipstick in LF 407 topped with Revlon Lipgloss in Gold Dust.
10. For the layouts where she wore sleeveless dresses, I put Benefit Bathina on her shoulders and collarbone.
11. I set the whole thing with Graftobian Pressed Powder Foundation in .
Whew, I think it’s more tiring writing all of them down than actually doing the whole makeup process. And now, the result!
Makeup by Kris Bacani
Hair by Jay Macassadu
Styling by Kai Magsanoc
Photos by Niccolo Cosme
Shot on location at the VIP Room of Araneta Coliseum
Check out her interview and more photos at Rappler here: